Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pleaseee!! ! We Need a Rest from Halberstadt!!!

Windsor city council member Alan Halberstadt has been all over the Windsor Star lately. Whats all this about??

Gosh, I know, it's politics and positioning for the next municipal election. How could it have taken me so long to figure this out!! For a guy like Halberstadt, who gets nearly all his income from being a city council member, the next election is pretty important. Four more years with a steady paycheck!!

Let's see what Alan "in the news" Halberstadt has been talking about lately.
  1. I am told he writes about the Windsor Spitfires hockey team in his blog. I don't know but it seems kind of cheeky to ride the coattails of really young hockey players.
  2. Oh and he attacked City of Windsor employess who are on strike. This tells me he has tested the political winds and knows what side to be on. I wonder, how are these vicious public attacks on hard working city employees going to get both parties to end this dispute?? But the real juice in this is that after the strike is long over, my bet is that Halberstadt will find a way to say he supported the strikers!!
  3. And, my oh my, his phony outrage over the Mayor's canal proposal. Did you see the photos in Saturdays' May 2nd Windsor Star! And Halberstdat accusing the Mayor of Windsor of being "arrogant". Boy that is rich, very rich indeed.
What Halberstadt lacks in real talent and abilities he has always been able to make up in politcal cunning. Oh, and on a regular basis aided to a great extent by the friendly Windsor Star.

There is some real solid talent on Windsor city council. Not every council member is a blowhard or opportunist. Maybe some of the more fair-minded Windsor Star reporters could find space for them.